4.22.2009

What a tough two weeks!

I've been pretty out of touch, we've lost two more long-time Lopezians. Last week, it was our beloved Peter Bennett a.k.a. "Petah". That was an unbelievable shock, and Glenys, his wife of 55 years is needless to say, absolutely devastated. I am so sad, Peter was one of the kindest funniest men I've ever had the pleasure to know. He was kind of like every one's favorite British uncle. His Passing has left a huge void in our community. His memorial is this Sunday, and I've been asked to speak....I just hope I can hold it together to be able to do so.

Then just two days ago, we heard that Sharon Blake had passed away. We have known her kids, Shawni and Johnny since they were small, and her partner Wallace, and we love them all. What a tragedy. She was very young.

2 comments:

  1. oh, I am SO sad ! I did not hear about Sharon !! We will miss her at the Farmer's Market ~ she's been my 'neighbor' there for years....

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts are with everyone on the island ~ so sad about Peter ! my heart breaks for Glenys and Wallace ~ xxxooo

    ReplyDelete